This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
This tutorial shows how to paint Fenrisian Wolves from Warhammer 40k in a quick and easy way. We will have our Wolf Packs ready for battle in just a few steps
Remember that you can buy them at Bandua Wargames with a very good discount.
2. Using the airbrush apply Game Air Sombre Grey 72.748 on the lower part of the wolf.
3. Also with an airbrush, apply Game Air Dead White 72.701 on the lower areas of the head and legs, leaving some of the Sombre Grey from the previous step visible.
9. To create a glowing effect on the eyes, use Model Color Fluorescent Orange 70.733 and apply it directly to the area.
10. Here is another example on how to paint a wolf with brown tones. It is primed with a mixture of Surface Primer Leather Brown 70.626 and Surface Primer Black 70.602, resulting in a dark shade of brown.
11. Apply Game Air Beasty Brown 72.743 all over the lower area.
14. Apply Game Color Khaki 72.061 with a dry brush.
15. Finally, Model Color Pale Sand 70.837 is used in the lighter areas with a brush for the final highlights. The rest of the steps would be the same as explained above.
16. Different painted wolves based in a winter setting.
It is something that you often ask me, so I will list below the brushes used throughout the process. The brushes that I usually use for their quality and duration are those of the company Artis Opus.
For the dry brush part, I used Artis Opus Series D. Specifically the Large model for the first dry brush and later the Medium model for the final details and highlights.
For the details I have used Artis Opus Series S size 1 and 0 brushes.